SHIP FROM USA!
- Shop all you need and all SHIPPED SAME or NEXT DAY!
- Having fun and no more hassle when you Sew & Quilt
- Free Return & 100% Money-Back Guarantee
The braiding foot (also known as couching or cording foot) is a specialty foot that fits in place of the standard foot. It’s used to attach decorative trim such as braid, cord, piping, yarn, and ribbon to fabric.
The hole located in the top of the foot allows the trim to be threaded through the top and then under the foot. This standard-sized hole allows for trims of up to 5mm in width, but some feet allow for size adjustments which make working with different widths of trim easier.
Examples of projects with a braiding foot include:
- Appliqués with cords on quilts.
- Embellishments on garments.
- Decorative trim on home furnishings.
- Also works with attaching elastic.